Saturday, December 10, 2022

Leg Day

Two youngish gym bros (maybe in their 20s) are alternating on a leg press next to mine. I finish my 3 sets of 15 reps each. One kid asks me, "How long did it take you to reach there?" I don't understand his question. He points to the weights I had placed. I had 100 lbs on each side. "Em, maybe a couple of weeks, maybe 4 weeks?" I say tentatively because I don't know if it is respectably heavy or not. "Respect, man!" he says, points to his press (it has 45 lbs on each side) and I laugh with him. "Women are strong," he adds. Meantime the other kid comes and says, "Dude, when my girlfriend and I workout together, I am always surprised by her strength." "Well, women ARE stronger, after all, both here (I point to the head) and physically," I can't help saying. "True ! they go through so much when pregnant, and we have no clue how much pain that causes." This time, it is my turn to say, "I respect you for acknowledging so nicely!" #legday

No comments: