Wednesday, April 12, 2006

AND JOTI IS NO MORE

I didn’t know Joti, I hadn’t talked to her ever. I don’t even remember her face anymore after I saw her four days back lying on the bed with those pipes and tubes protruding out of her body. Her dead twins were inside her womb. And she had no idea where she was. Lying on that hospital bed, she was so vulnerable, so expectedly swollen. Only she had no will, no power, and no inspiration to push those bodies out of herself. The undue delay in operating her to flush them out finally took her life.

Only of 27 years, she left behind a five and a half year old daughter, almost like my own Rasan. The child would never know what all happened. Her life would be one great tragedy till most likely Gagan, her dear dear Mamu, rescues her out of it. I wish Gagan takes her with him. The kid is an orphan as of today. Her dad will remarry, I m sure-I saw it in his eyes. God knows what fate will bring in for her of whom I know nothing but who comes to my mind as a little Rasanmeet. What if something should happen to me! No, Mahesh would never behave in such an apathetic way – the way that man was behaving in those circumstances.

Kuldip Manak sings at the back of my mind –

maa hundi aye maa o duniya waaleyo,
…………………

rabba dev karey arjoyee,
bacheyan di maa marey na koi


I wish Joti had been spared-if only another 20 odd years, sans her twins-one of whom was a boy. Perhaps it was for the sake of a male child that she had to sacrifice her dear life and that of her dear alive daughter. Who knows? Who will ever know??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

will your underlined messege touch the conscious of few hearts or even single mind ? and if this happens,it will be worth a million or worth a life. what you expect more?
goodluck. m.i.s.sahota

Anonymous said...

your story is very touching and its painful, but this is life... expect the unexpected or expect nothing from it till you die. We can only pray for the departed soul to rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

It is so unfortunate that right from the childhood women in our country are taught to bear sufferings and suffer at every stage of life-i think this is the only reason why such happenings are increasing everyday.But the kind of effort put in by you through this blog would make people think atleast once about such issues...keep it up..such small efforts are definitely going to make big diffrence! Gdogra.

Roop Rai said...

:( barha dukh laggiya. the pain comes across. gosh, i feel horrible. why did they wait for so long?